Experienced Bread Baker
REED'S FARM - BREAD BAKER POSITION
Reed’s Farm is a non profit regenerative farm and animal sanctuary located in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. Our location is uniquely suited for our mission in our community, which is to become essentially a community hub for organic healthy food and an educational resource. Our vision involves working with underserved community members through programming and workforce development as well as helping to build a healthier food system with focus on nearby Atlantic City. We have recently opened our indoor market featuring coffee & espresso drinks as well as tea and herbal beverages alongside a commercial kitchen producing vegetable-based grab & go items including: breads, sandwiches & flatbreads, soups & sauces, pickles & kimchi, baked goods & ice creams. All items produced by the kitchen include ingredients grown at Reed's Farm and are focused on health-conscious eating.
HOURS & LIFESTYLE
This is the ideal full time position for a highly creative and organized person who enjoys the challenge of a new venture in collaboration with a team. For the head baker position, we are looking for an individual who draws their inspiration from baking with freshly milled local grains, and has a working knowledge of fermentation.
The individual in this role will help us to craft and build a fermented bread program for our market & kitchen which will include: rolls & sandwich bread, pizzas & flatbreads, as well as boules & baguettes. This will be a position that requires ongoing product development.
This kitchen will be the heart of our farm. We are actively building a team that understands and embraces this vision.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with fermented doughs
- Highly motivated
- Can take charge but also works well collaborating with the farm staff
- Ambitious attitude with skill in baking, fermenting, and experimenting; other kitchen skills are a plus such as food prep and cooking
- Capable of tweaking traditional concepts into seasonal and healthy well thought out recipes
- Familiarity with fresh organic ingredients
- Enthusiastic about working on a farm
- Enthusiastic about feeding community
IT'S A PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience working with people with different abilities and or willing to teach in open classroom settings for certain workshops or lesson plans with Programming Director
- Workforce development skills
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Pay will be discussed and determined based on experience.
Health benefits available for full-time positions.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com